Monday 9 January 2012

The Light Task...

As I was going through the checklist for the course I realized that I had not uploaded 'The Light Task' task as I was on holiday at this point. I enjoyed this task but found it harder to take photos whilst it was dark. For some reason it tended to blur more, even though I tried to play around with the ISO.

I chose to shoot at the front of the house as it is quite an open space and thought I may be able to capture some nice skies in the process. Luckily it was quite a fresh, bitter morning with no fog or mist covering things up.

F/3.5 Shutter Speed: 1/10 ISO: 200 Time: 07:10

F/8 Shutter Speed: 1/60 ISO: 200 Time: 12:00

F/5 Shutter Speed: 1/13 ISO: 400 Time: 16:02

F/5 Shutter Speed: 6 Secs ISO: 400 Time: 18:00



I found playing with the ISO quite fun, but it can make your photo look totally different. The last photo I actually took in pitch black, but somehow it has managed to make quite a detailed colour background. I do quite like it as I could not really see the clouds. But still, the last picture tends to have a blur on it. As I could not really see whilst I was taking the picture I could not get the focus sharp. I think I maybe should have upped the ISO on the last photo to maybe let more light in. I would like to try this task again some time with using a lake to see how the light reflects. 




No comments:

Post a Comment