Monday 9 January 2012

Fantasy Landscape (Manipulated Image) Oh dear.

Okay...So far I am no good at this Photoshop world, and I'm feeling pretty dumb. Normally I'm quite good at the technical stuff, but for some reason me and Photoshop just don't click. I've watched numerous tutorials online... I've spent hours on it trying to work it out, then given up as I realise it's two in the morning. I have Photoshop Elements 10 ( soon I hope to get the real deal, but need to figure this one out first).


Anyway...after a very stressful five hours, I managed to do just one photo. As we needed some sort of theme that links the four fantasy landscapes photos together I decided to choose 'Time'. This may change. But I needed to just put something to play.


Recently it snowed and I managed to capture a photo of the trees late afternoon with the sky highlighting the background. I have a thing with silhouettes and the branches stand out against the sky so I had a play around to see how I could manipulate the photo. I have not done much and it may not be effective, but here goes...


'Winter Time'


I got this effect by using Layers. The background layer being the trees, the second layer being the clock. I took a picture of the clock, then on photoshop I used the Magnetic Lasso tool to outline the clock and copied it onto the layers. I then went onto 'Image' at the top and selected 'Resize' on the drop down menu and then clicked onto 'Scale' to change the size of the clock. I then moved it so that it was in the position where a moon should be. I then changed the opacity so that it became a little transparent and so the branches stood out against it. I decided to use 'Time' as the thread as I thought it was an interesting concept. There are lots of sayings and Quotes about time so I decided to use these for the titles of the photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment