Monday 30 January 2012

Fantasy Landscape Number four (Manipulated Image).

For my fourth image I decided to use some of my american photgraphs with the idea of time passing from the cowboy era to today. Before manipulating my final image in photoshop, I used to Picasa to chnage the colouring to sepia. This gave the photos a more aged look.My first layer ( the background layer ) was a picture of part of an old western town looking our onto the horizon. I then added another layer containing a modern day cowboy in role play. I lifted him off another picture by using the Quick Selection tool and then copy and pasting him onto the second layer. Also I used the blur tool to smooth in the edges so he was more moulded into the picture. I used the same method on the next three layers containing the egg timers. I rescaled and used the opacity to get a transparent look. Finally I flattened the image.

'Sands of Time'
I liked this picture until I added the Egg Timers. I think that the wooden surround is too heavy therefore the egg timer bit doesn't come to the fore. Egg timers are quite difficult to get hold of these days and I could not find one with a finer surround. Being restricted to photgraphing our own props made this quite difficult. I still like the idea of this photo but am dissatified with the main prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment