Monday 7 November 2011

Assignment...

I've decided to chose Landscape as my main assignment theme. This seemed an obvious choice for me as I enjoy the outdoors whether it be City or Countryside. I also enjoy the walking so it gives me plenty of opportunity to take my camera with me.

The specific aspect of Landscape I have chosen will be Forests/Woodlands. Forests/Woodlands have long been held to be mysterious places and I hope that I will be able to portray some of this in my photography. I feel it may be a challenge as Forests tend to be naturally short on light so the exposure may cause a problem. The composition might also be quite difficult as the Forests can be quite dense and busy and finding a focal point can be tricky.

I'm hoping to be able to visit several Forests that have a different arboreal makeup. A Forest of Firs will look considerably different to a Forest of Oaks. Also a relatively new managed Forest will have a different atmosphere and less character that an ancient one.

I'm looking to find variations within the woodland such as textures, colours and contrasts. As well as trees being a main theme there is the Forest floor which includes Boulders, Mosses, Streams, Waterfalls and Fauna. The Forest canopy will provide further interest with unusual angles and the play of light and dark.

For the assignment we each have to end up with six final photographs based on our theme within a theme. I plan to visit a different Forest most weeks when I can and come up with some creative shots. I do like Raw photography but I will also challenge myself to edit and play around with the different elements on my Camera such as Cropping, Monocromes, Colour Enhancement etc...Hopefully I'll manage to capture some atmospheric and haunting shots...

1 comment:

  1. Can you create a new blog post covering our conversation regarding your travel pics and making a book? Even if you don't choose to follow this up I think you should explore it further. Include some images and maybe juxtapose them with images of your other area :)

    ReplyDelete