Monday 14 November 2011

Effects...etc.

I've just been getting to grips with my cameras full potential and playing around with the different effects and all the editing techniques that can be done. Sometimes I find photographs need a little tweaking even though I do love an untouched photo. I've been getting used to using the White Balance also, which I love. I did not realise how much it can help with the photos atmosphere and the intensity of the colours within the photo. I have also experimented with the monochrome and Colour enhancement. By just changing some of these elements, the photo takes on a whole new personality.

I took some pictures indoors of a room before a halloween event. Changing the White Balance from Automatic made the photos take on a new feel.


F4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/200
ISO: 100
WB: Incandescent.










                
F4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 1600
WB: Incandescent.











F5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 1600
WB: Incandescent.











F4
Shutter Speed: 1/200
ISO: 100
WB: Incandescent.











Here are some pictures where I changed the Monochrome...


F5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 100
Monochrome: Sepia











F3.5
Shutter Speed: 1/500
ISO: 400
Monochrome: Black and White.
Changed to Black and White as I think the lights reflection on the water shows up more and the city in the background holds a nice back drop. 
I like the composition of this photo. I think it is balanced out quite nicely. Changing it to sepia adds a bit more character. It also makes the picture looked aged.                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment